1. What is SSL certificate?SSL certificate (Secure Sockets Layer) is a network protocol based on data encryption on web sites. The SSL certificate provides the confidentiality and integrity of the data transmission, as well as server authentication. The SSL protocol is intended to protect the personal data of all internet users. It serves to give web sites credibility status.
2. SSL certificate - is it worth it?It is a good idea to encrypt pages with the SSL protocol because it guarantees data security during transport. Specifically, these are online stores ' websites, banks, medical websites, school websites, official websites, websites that offer profiles and accounts for e-mail services, websites or websites that we access, i.e. websites where we provide data. For this purpose, AES encryption is used. Data sent using the HTTPS protocol, so-called Transport Layer Security (TLS). This protocol provides:
- Three-phase protection by encrypting all confidential and secure transmitted data,
- Provides data integrity, which means that data cannot be changed by unauthorized persons during data transfer, and any changes are detected automatically,
- Users of a particular website are certain that they have browsed the selected website and are not redirected to other, inaccurate, but confusing similar sites.
3. Types and differences between SSL certificates?We divide them into 3 groups, taking into account the control and accuracy of SSL certificates: the
- domain authentication class certificates - encrypt the information transmission in a certified domain. When issuing the certificate, it is checked whether the applicant company (the person) has the right to use the domain, but the data is not validated.
- organizational verification class certificates - encrypts the transmission of information in a certified area, protecting it from disruptions or intrusions. When issuing the certificate, it is verified whether the applicant company has the right to use the domain and controls the company itself. A quote must be made from the National Court registry or the company's articles of Incorporation. Click the security stamp, for example, the padlock icon to display the company name.
- extended validation class certificates - the strongest authentication of the company's identity that ordered the SSL certificate. Before issuing a certificate, legal status, physical presence, actual business, compliance with official data and the right to use the domain are checked. The address bar displays the additional SSL certificate definition in green.
4. How can I tell if the site is an SSL certificate?From the user's point of view, the SSL certificate can be seen primarily in the address bar as an appropriate sign. For web sites running without a certificate, https: // appears only when http: // appears in the address bar before the address of the page protected by the SSL certificate. Usually, there is a padlock icon next to the address. The highest level of security is determined by a green padlock. Used in Internet banking. Sites that do not have SSL certificates can sometimes be marked as "insecure" with red. The message appears next to the WWW address and is clearly associated with the danger and therefore encourages the user to go to the site and prevent the use of the offer.
5. Effect on SSL certificate and positioningWebsite positioning is a long-term process, and is one of the most effective methods of online promotion. If the site is optimized for SEO, but still avoids competition, the SSL certificate can help improve your position on Google. Google itself reports that having an SSL certificate has a positive effect on the position in the search results and that such pages will be shown in higher positions. This is related to the introduction of today's use of SSL not only on large and extended websites, but also on small blogs and corporate websites. To increase the global security level, a total SSL certificate must be used on each page and hopefully will be standard in a few years.
6. Data encryption and Rodo
An amendment to the protection of personal data entered into force May 25, 2018. By taking this into consideration, the Website Owner, designed to effectively protect the personal data of users who use the website must use all available methods As you can read in the regulations, this data should be properly encrypted and it must be kept completely confidential.and this situation With SSL certificate is secured.